Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation (LSAMP)
The NYC Louis Stokes Alliance is an alliance of 17 CUNY Colleges and the CUNY Graduate Center. The Alliance goal is to substantially increase the number of underrepresented minority students who pursue and graduate with Baccalaureate Degrees in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM).
From its inception in November 1992, the Alliance has been at the forefront of a concerted effort to increase annual minority STEM enrollment and graduation in the City University of New York. The Alliance provides academic scholarship support to CUNY students majoring in the STEM disciplines, making research an integral part of STEM education in New York City.
LSAMP Program Activities Include:
- Collaborative Learning Approach to STEM Education
- Restructured Gatekeeper Courses in Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics
- Curriculum Coordination and Articulation across the City University of New York
- Faculty Research Initiation and
- Articulation Program
- Research Assistantships for LSAMP Scholars
- Undergraduate and Graduate Research Fellowships
- Peer and Faculty Mentoring
- Science and Engineering Learning Centers at CUNY campuses
- The Urban University Series Conference
- NASA Summer and Academic Year Collaborations
- Bridge to the Doctorate
- Brookhaven National Labs Research and
- Teaching Opportunities for Students and Faculty
- Brookhaven National Labs Summer Participation for Community College Students
- International Training and Education
We are located at The City College of New York Marshak Building M106.
If you have any questions please email us at email@example.com